- Helped lead Minnetonka to a 24-4-0 record in 2007-08 where they finished second at the Section 6AA Championship, falling to Benilde-St. Margaret's in overtime. The season included a championship win at the 2008 Schwan Cup where they defeated powerhouse Hill-Murray at the Xcel Energy Center for gold.
- He finished fifth in goals (20) and assists (28) in the Classic Lake Division, leading all other Minnetonka players. His 48 points placed him third overall among Minnesota high school defensemen in scoring.
- Was named the 2008 high school boys’ hockey All-Metro Player of the Year by the Star Tribune and was a finalist for Minnesota’s Mr. Hockey Award -- given annually to the top Minnesota high school hockey player.
- Represented Team USA at the 2007 Under-18 Memorial of Ivan Hlinka tournament in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
- Played alongside his younger brother Max, a sophomore on the Minnetonka Skippers.
- Has committed to the University of Wisconsin.
- Was a member of the Minnetonka Youth Hockey Association for nine years before playing at Minnetonka High School.
- Patterns his game after Minnesota’s Brent Burns – “he’s tall and lanky with offensive skills; he can play both forward and defense”.
- His nickname is ‘Gardi’ and he wears number 19 because of his favorite player, Colorado’s Joe Sakic.
- If he wasn’t playing hockey he would be “a driving range ball picker upper” and if he could be in one movie he would choose Miracle.
- The most embarrassing song on his iPod is “Glamorous” by Fergie.
NHL Player: Joe Sakic
Shootout move: “Fake shot, backhand upper shelf”
Practice Drill: 3 on 3 in zone
Video Game: NHL 08
Movie: Mighty Ducks
TV Show: American Gladiators
Actor: Will Ferrell
Group: Rascal Flatts
Pump-up song: The Final Countdown
Food to cook: Mac and Cheese
Sport (other than hockey): Golf
Activity away from the rink: Hunting
Toy growing up: Tennis balls
Place to shop: Target
Place to visit: Vail, Colorado