• Vrana spent the 2013-14 season with Linkoping in the Swedish Hockey League split between the senior team in the country’s top professional league (2-1—3 in 24 games) and the junior club (14-11—25 in 24 games).
• He has suited up for the Czech Republic at the past three Under-18 World Championships (2012-2014), leading his team in scoring in 2012 (4-4—8) and 2014 (8-2—10). At the 2014 tournament, Vrana led all players with eight goals, finished tied for third in tournament scoring and tallied four points in the team’s final three games - including the overtime winner in the quarterfinal - as the club captured a silver medal.
• Vrana has twice represented the Czech Republic at the World Junior Championship, first in 2013 at 16-years of age, the youngest player in the tournament (0-1—1 in six games) and again in 2014 (1-1—2 in five games).
• At the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial, Vrana tallied four points (3-1—4), including a goal and assist in the bronze-medal game to lead the Czech Republic to victory. It was the country’s first top-three finish at the tournament, which they co-host, since 2005.
• In 2012-13, at age 16, Vrana scored a goal in his professional hockey debut with Linkoping of the Swedish Hockey League while playing in the European Trophy Tournament featuring some of the top professional teams from across Europe.
• Vrana played youth hockey with HC Letnany in the Czech Republic before making the move to Sweden to join Linkoping.
TOP CZECH DUO PLAYING IN SWEDEN (click here)
Miracle On Ice
Sport (other than hockey):