• In 2009, Blacker held strong on the blueline to help the Windsor Spitfires win the franchise’s first Memorial Cup. They were the first team in history to win the title after starting the tournament 0-2, and the first team to win both the tie-breaker game and the Championship Final.
• Playing 67 games in 2008-09, the stay-at-home defenseman recorded 21 points (4-17-21) and an impressive plus-46 rating.
• Blacker got started in hockey at the age of eight after his neighbor bought him a hockey stick. He played minor hockey for the Leaside Kings, Toronto Junior Canadiens, Mississauga Reps and the Toronto Red Wings.
• His childhood idol was Saku Koivu - “he battled through adversity and is still one of the League’s best players.”
• His mom has had the greatest influence on his career because she taught him to never give up and always do his best. His most memorable hockey moment was scoring his first OHL goal – “I did it for my mom”.
• If he could have dinner with any three people he would choose: his mom, dad and sister – “family means a lot to me”.
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs
NHL Player: Ryan Getzlaf
Shootout move: “Forehand, backhand, high”
Goal celebration: “Hands in the air”
Video game: Call of Duty
Movie: Never Back Down
TV Show: CSI
Actor: Mark Wahlberg
Group: Cold Play
Book: The Secret
Home cooked meal: Meat Sauce
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball, tennis
Place to visit: Sweden