• Snuggerud and long-time teammate Steven Spinner (No. 96-ranked North American skater) have committed to the University of Nebraska-Omaha for the fall of 2014. The pair won a Bantam A state championship together in 2010-11.
• He captained Eden Prairie to the semifinal game at the Minnesota AA state championship in 2013-14, where the Eagles lost in double-overtime. He finished as the team’s second-leading scorer in both the regular-season points (8-30--38 in 25 games) and playoff points (1-9--10 in six games).
• Snuggerud won the 2014 Reed Larson Award as the top senior boys’ high school hockey defenseman after pacing all U.S. high school blueliners with 59 points (24-35—59) in 45 games between Eden Prairie and Team Southeast in the Upper Midwest High School Elite Hockey League. The award recognizes Snuggerud’s on-ice abilities, academic achievements (3.65 GPA), and volunteer work with the Eden Prairie Hockey Association and Feed My Starving Children.
• He also was one of 10 finalists for the 2014 Mr. Hockey Award as the most outstanding senior high school hockey player in Minnesota.
• His uncle Dave Snuggerud represented the U.S. at the 1988 Olympics and played 265 NHL games over four seasons with the Buffalo Sabres, San Jose Sharks and Philadelphia Flyers.
• The top-ranked U.S. high school player for this year’s draft, Snuggerud also played for the Muskegon Lumberjacks and Omaha Lancers in the United States Hockey League in 2013-14. He joined the Lumberjacks for three games in November, tallying three points (1-2—3) and a plus-3 rating to earn Co-Defenseman of the Week honors in the USHL.
• He grew up playing outdoor hockey with Shane Gersich (No. 132-ranked North American skater) and Tommy Vannelli (drafted 47th overall by St. Louis in the 2013).
NHL team: Minnesota Wild
NHL player: P.K. Subban
Shootout move: “One-handed leave behind”
Goal celebration: “With my teammates”
Video game: FIFA 14
Movie: Lone Survivor
TV show: Entourage
Actor: Gerard Butler
Sport (other than hockey): Football, Golf
Athlete (non-hockey): Peyton Manning