- Anaheim (2), San Jose (3) and Los Angeles (T- 4) currently own three of the top four records (by points) in the NHL…the three California teams have a combined 58- 20- 14 record in 2013- 14 for a .707 win (points) percentage…at HOME, the three clubs have combined for a 30- 5- 6 record over 41 contests for an .805 win (points) percentage.
- Anaheim (20- 7- 5) ranks second in the NHL standings to only Chicago (47)...the Ducks have earned points in five straight games (3- 0- 2), in seven of their last eight games (5- 1- 2) and 18 of the last 22 (13- 4- 5), which includes an NHL season- best (w/SJ) nine- game standings point streak from Oct. 25- Nov. 10...the club ranks second in goals (99) and even- strength goals (73) to Chicago…on the PK, Anaheim is 31- for- 32 (96.9%) dating back to the third period on Nov. 20 vs. NJ...the club killed 26 straight from Nov. 20- Dec. 6, spanning eight games...on the PP, the Ducks are 9- for- 30 (30%) since Nov. 20 vs. NJ.
- Reunited for the first time since Anaheim’s 2006- 07 Stanley Cup championship run, the line of Dustin Penner, Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry have combined for 19- 18=37 points over the last 11 games (since Nov. 15)…the trio has scored 43 goals this season, the highest goal total among any three teammates in the league…their 92 combined points ranks second in the NHL only to Pittsburgh’s Chris Kunitz, Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin (110).
In addition, Getzlaf and Perry lead the league in goals scored by a duo on the same team (34)…they are second in combined points (69) behind only Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin (79). Getzlaf and Perry tallied goals in the same game on Saturday night at St. Louis for the eighth time this season, tied with the Blues' tandem of Alexander Steen and David Backes for the highest total among a pair of NHL teammates (Elias Sports Bureau).
- Getzlaf has points in the last 13 games in which he has appeared, collecting 10- 10=20 points in that span (missed three games with an upper- body injury, Nov. 10- 14)...while the 13- game streak is not an official point streak because he missed three games, it marks his longest streak since a career- high 15 games from Dec. 22, 2007- Jan. 23, 2008 (6- 16=22)...in addition, Getzlaf has a current 11- game point streak (6- 8=14, recognized by NHL), which is the longest active streak in the NHL...he has also recorded 13- 14=27 points with a +11 rating in his last 19 games and 16- 19=35 with a +15 over his last 26...he leads the NHL with six GWG and is on pace for 44 goals this season (previous career high is 25)...he is also fourth among league leaders in scoring (16- 20=36) and tied for fifth in goals.
- Perry's 18 goals through 32 games this season are the most in his career (previously 17 in 2007- 08)...he is currently riding a five- game goal streak (5- 2=7), tied for the longest in his career (also Mar. 19- 26, 2011, 8- 2=10)...the streak is tied for the third- longest in the NHL this season...since the start of the 2010- 11 season, Perry has scored 27 game- winning goals, leading the NHL in that span (TB’s Stamkos has 24)...in addition, Perry ranks fourth in the NHL in goals with 178 tallies since the start of 2008- 09, spanning six seasons (Ovechkin, 229; Stamkos, 222; Marleau, 179)...also riding a seven- game point streak (6- 3=9), it marks his longest since Feb. 15- Mar. 1, 2013 (also seven games, 4- 8=12)...Perry has also earned 12- 8=20 points in his last 17 games and 13- 11=24 points in his last 22...he ranks third among league leaders in goals and fifth in points...in addition, his five GWG this season rank tied for second in the NHL (with STL's Steen, CHI's Kane and VAN's Kesler).
- Three Anaheim Ducks rank among the top 15 plus/minus ratings this season...Penner is second in the NHL with a +18 rating in 25 games (leads all NHL forwards in plus/minus)...Penner had points in a career- tying six straight games from Nov. 23- Dec. 6 (5- 3=8, also Mar. 5- 15, 2011 w/LA; 2- 4=6)...he has points in six of the last seven games (5- 3=8) and has amassed 7- 12=19 points in his last 19 games...though currently injured, Francois Beauchemin ranks tied for fifth in the NHL with a +15 rating, while Getzlaf ranks tied for ninth with a +13.
- Since the start of the 2008- 09 NHL season (six NHL campaigns) there have only been four instances where a team beat the Blackhawks and Blues in consecutive road games (in either order). Two of those four have been by the Ducks....the four instances since 2008:
Anaheim Dec. 6- 7, 2013
Los Angeles Mar. 25- 28, 2013
Anaheim Feb. 9- 12, 2013
Dallas Jan. 2- 5, 2011
*Courtesy Stats, Inc.
In addition, Anaheim has yet to lose in regulation in the second half of a back- to- back set, going 4- 0- 2 this year.
- The Ducks have gone 10- 0- 2 at Honda Center this season, marking the club's best home start in franchise history...the Ducks join Chicago (11- 0- 1, 2012- 13) and San Jose (20- 0- 2, 2008- 09) as the only NHL clubs to go through its first 12 home games without a regulation defeat (since implementation of shootouts in 2005- 06)...Anaheim is the only club in the NHL that has not lost in regulation at HOME this season...the club set a franchise record with eight straight home wins to open a season and was the last NHL team to lose at home in 2013- 14 (Nov. 20 overtime loss vs. New Jersey)...at home, Anaheim has outscored the opposition, 46- 21 (excluding two SO goals)...the Ducks' 46 goals are the second- most through 12 home games in club history (50 in 1995- 96), while their 21 goals allowed are the fewest to start an Anaheim home season.
- Rookie Frederik Andersen has gone 8- 1- 0 with a 1.74 GAA and .938 SV% in his first nine career contests...he became the first goalie to win his first six NHL games (from Oct. 20- Nov. 10) since December, 1993 (TOR's Damian Rhodes from 3/22/91- 12/2/93)...Andersen was also the first netminder in club history to win his first six NHL games (Viktor Fasth won his first eight decisions last year)...among all NHL rookie goalies, Andersen leads in wins, GAA and SV% (all min. five games)...through his first nine games as a Duck, Andersen has the best GAA and SV% of anyone in franchise history…his 8- 1- 0 start matches Viktor Fasth for the all- time best start by an Anaheim netminder.
|Back to top ↑|