|BIRTHPLACE:||Strathroy, ON, CAN|
2007-08 Regular Season
Last game: Became the Ducks "Iron Man," competing in his 276th consecutive contest with the club, surpassing Samuel Pahlsson's previous mark of 275 consecutive games played, Dec. 12 vs. VAN...also won nine-of-11 faceoffs
- Has collected points in eight of the last 17 contests (2-7=9)br>- Scoreless, Dec. 10 @ CBJ...was playing in his 275th consecutive games as a Duck, tying the club record (Pahlsson, 275 games)br>- Had 1-1=2 points in a 4-1 Ducks win, Dec. 5 vs. BUF...was named the games second star...won 11-of-15 faceoffs (73%)br>- Posted a five-game point streak (1-4=5) at home, Nov. 7-25
- Had a four-game point streak (1-3=4), Nov. 7-15
- Scored the game-tying goal in addition to the shootout-winning goal, Nov. 9 vs. SJ...was also named the first star of the game
- Scored his second goal of the season, Oct. 23 @ STL...had a season-high 24:03 TOI
- Recorded a game-high two assists in a 4-1 win, Sept. 30 vs. LA...was named second star of the game
- Andy and wife Gina celebrated the birth of their first child, son Jake Gene McDonald, on Oct. 8 at 12:50 p.m. (7 lbs., 5 oz.)br>
2006-07 Regular Season
- Finished second on the Ducks in points (78) and third in goals (27)...recorded 15 multi-point games, including a team-high three four-point games and a pair of three-point contests...concluded the year second among Anaheim all-time leaders in consecutive games played (243) and fourth in goals (88), assists (155) and points (243)...appeared in his first NHL All-Star Game on Jan. 24 @ DAL -- won the NHL's Fastest Skater competition during the 2007 NHL Superskills Showcase
- Ranked second among NHL playoff leaders in goal scoring and PPG...also led the Ducks in goal scoring...collected 3-1=4 points, recording his first career hat trick (regular or postseason) and the second hat trick in club playoff history on April 25 vs. VAN in Game One of the CSF...scored back-to-back goals (one minute apart) and earned an assist with a +3 rating on June 4 @ OTT in Game Four of the SCF
2006-07: Appeared in his seventh NHL season, all with Anaheim…finished second on the team in points and third in goals…had 11-12=23 points with a +7 rating in his last 20 games, including four multi-goal efforts…earned points in 55 of 81 games…recorded 15 multi-point games this past season, including three four-point games (most on the team) and two three-point games…finished the season second on the club’s all-time consecutive games played list with 243…is fourth on the all-time franchise records list in goals (88), assists (155) and points (243)…scored two goals, including the overtime game-winner (2nd OT goal of his career, also 10/20/02 vs. COL) on Mar. 31 @ STL…recorded 2-2=4 points on four shots with a +2 on Mar. 16 vs. CHI…recorded points in nine of last 11 home contests (8-10=18)…appeared in his first NHL All-Star Game on Jan. 24 @ DAL -- won the NHL's Fastest Skater competition during the 2007 NHL Superskills Showcase…collected a career-high four assists on Jan. 11 @ DAL…earned an assist (200th career NHL point) on Dec. 29 @ CAR…had an eight-game point streak (2-8=10), Dec. 6-20…had a career-long, six-game assist streak (1-7=8 points), Dec. 6-16…played in his 300th career NHL game on Nov. 24 vs. NJ…scored 2-2=4 points (tying a career high for points) on Nov. 19 vs. PHX…scored on a penalty shot (C. Joseph), the first of his career on Nov. 3 vs. PHX…scored a goal with 19 seconds left to force OT, tying a career high with nine shots on Oct. 15 vs. DAL…PLAYOFFS: Finished second in the NHL in goal scoring and PPG…also led team in goal scoring…holds franchise record for most goals in a single postseason and most shots in a season (previously Joffrey Lupul in 2006 with nine goals and 62 shots)...is T-5th on the Ducks all-time postseason scoring list (12-11=23, with Samuel Pahlsson)...collected 3-1=4 points, recording his first career hat trick (regular or postseason) and the second hat trick in club playoff history on April 25 vs. VAN in Game One of the CSF…also tied a club record for most points by a Duck in a postseason contest (Joffrey Lupul, 4-0=4 points, 5/9/06 vs. COL) on Apr. 25 vs. VAN in Game One of the CSF…scored back-to-back goals (one minute apart) and recorded an assist with a +3 rating on June 4 @ OTT in Game Four of the SCF.
Personal: Andy and his wife Gina were married in the summer of 2006 and welcomed their first child, Jake Gene, to the family on Oct. 8, 2007…when receiving his day with the Stanley Cup in early August, took it to both his alma mater, Colgate University and his hometown of Strathroy, Ontario…used a Gulfstream jet to transport his family and the Cup between the two locations…hosted a public viewing at Colgate and at the West Middlesex Memorial Centre in Strathroy…also held a party for his closest family and friends at the Derby Inn in downtown Strathroy...lists both Italian and Mexican foods as his favorites…enjoys Rubio's tacos if he’s looking for fast food and Javier’s restaurant for sit-down meals…also enjoys his wife’s authentic spaghetti and meatball dinners at home…his first job was as an assistant to the turkey vaccinator at Cutty Farms, just outside his hometown of Strathroy, Ontario…he made roughly $6 an hour, claiming to be “one of the lucky few” to land a job at the turkey farm…on road trips, either watches DVDs or works on Sudoku puzzles.