Ducks to Host S.C.O.R.E. Night Tomorrow Evening (Apr. 5) at Honda Center
- The Andersen Elementary choir (Newport Beach), a S.C.O.R.E. program participant, will sing the national anthem. Cub Scouts from Melinda Heights Elementary (Rancho Santa Margarita) will serve as the color guard during the national anthem.
- Fourth-grade students from Davis Magnet School (Costa Mesa), who participate in the Anaheim Ducks S.C.O.R.E. a G.O.A.L. program will join the Ducks’ starting line up on the blue line for the national anthem.
- Five-time S.C.O.R.E. Street Hockey Shootout champion (held annually in May) Friends Christian School (Yorba Linda) will be recognized in a pre-game ceremony for their achievements in the physical education portion of the S.C.O.R.E. program.
- Funds for the S.C.O.R.E. program will be raised with an in-game silent auction at Section 214. Fans are encouraged to visit the silent auction in-game and during intermissions to bid on autographed team merchandise. In addition, an opportunity drawing for Ducks memorabilia will be held at Section 212.
- Fans are encouraged to donate their spare change to “Puck Chop,” the life-size piggy bank at Section 212. In addition, the Anaheim Ducks Die Hards will be on hand at Honda Center entry points to collect spare change in mini “Puck Chop” piggy banks. Funds will benefit the S.C.O.R.E. program through the Anaheim Ducks Foundation.
- S.C.O.R.E. Night will feature standout teachers Kristin Jones (Maxwell Elementary, Anaheim) and Rachel Therrien (Graham Elementary, Los Angeles) on both the Ducks television and radio broadcasts to discuss the S.C.O.R.E. program and its impact on their students.
Ducks S.C.O.R.E. offers a three-pronged approach to enrich the education of students: an in-class education program that donates 18,000 sets of school supplies and includes an incentive-based reading program (Reading is the GOAL), a science & math program (First Flight Field Trip) as well as a street hockey physical education program. S.C.O.R.E. will serve approximately 27,000 Southern California elementary school students this year.
S.C.O.R.E. is the primary program of the Anaheim Ducks Foundation. The mission of the Anaheim Ducks Foundation is to facilitate and support programs that produce positive change for children and families throughout Southern California by providing educational opportunities, broadening access to the sport of hockey and addressing the health and wellness needs of our community.
For more information on S.C.O.R.E., please visit www.ducksscore.com.