“NAME THE RIVALRY” CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: “Name The Rivalry” Contest (the “Contest”) begins on 09/29/07, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends on 10/30/07, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Fox Sports Net West, LLC, 1100 S. Flower Street, Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA 90015, Los Angeles Kings Hockey Club, LP, 1111 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA 90015, and Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC, 2695 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, CA 92806 (collectively, the “Sponsors”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of the
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission Name that is entered into the Contest must meet ALL of the following criteria: creativity, originality, compatibility and the ability to communicate the essence of the rivalry between the Kings and Ducks, or otherwise serve as a marketing or promotional vehicle for Sponsors (collectively, the "Submission Requirements"). Any Submission that, in Sponsors’ good faith judgment, violates or does not meet the criteria set forth herein will be disqualified and/or discarded.
5. JUDGING AND WINNER NOTIFICATION: The entries will be judged by Sponsors, or their designee, and decisions are final binding on all aspects of this Contest. The Sponsors will collectively choose up to four (4) Submissions received throughout the Contest Period and such Submission(s) will be posted on the Websites. The chosen four (4) Submission(s), if any, will then be voted on by fans at the Websites. The Submission which receives the largest number of votes will be deemed the winning Submission. In the event the Sponsors chose a Submission that has been submitted more than once by more than one (1) entrant, a random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsors or their designee, using randomization methods selected, in their sole discretion, to chose one (1) of the two (2) identical Submissions. Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, have the right to either: a) select less than four (4) Submissions to be voted on; or b) not choose any Submission(s) for voting on the Websites in the event that no Submission(s) submitted meet all of the Submission Requirements set forth herein. The potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or mail and/or e-mail using the contact information given at the time of entry. Sponsors shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, the potential winner does not respond within three (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsors may successively attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winners of the prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner of the prize in question after such attempts have been made, the prize may go unawarded.
6. WINNER SELECTION/PRIZE: One (1). One (1) grand prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to all Los Angeles Kings vs. Anaheim Ducks game in the 2007 – 2008 season, with the exception of the season openers being held in London, England (collectively, the “Grand Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Six Hundred Ninety Dollars ($696.00). Location of seats to be determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion and subject to availability. Any other expenses not specified herein will be the sole responsibility of the winner including, without limitation, ground transportation to and from game venue, parking fees, food, beverages (alcoholic or otherwise), and/or personal purchases. All minors must be accompanied, at all times, by an adult. Game tickets are non-transferable and will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third person. Tickets are subject to all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. In the event the Grand Prize winner or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten any other person, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the applicable event early, in whole or in part, and send the winner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation.
7. DATES & DEADLINES / ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF ENTRANTS: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsors cannot accurately predict the number of entrants who will participate in the Contest.
8. OWNERSHIP: By entering your Submission in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsors own all Submissions entered by you in the Contest or otherwise uploaded to the Websites. Each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsors, their successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever in and to the Submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the "Rights"). Sponsors shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Submission(s) for any purpose which Sponsors deem necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Submission(s) submitted by him or her. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any Rights in and to the Submissions.
9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants to Sponsors as follows: (i) the Submission is the entrant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Submission is wholly original with entrant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the Submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and (v) be suitable for publication and telecast (i.e., not obscene, provocative, offensive, indecent, defamatory or libelous). Submissions that do not conform to these requirements will be disqualified. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
10. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: The prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the Grand Prize and may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form. Sponsors intend to feature the winning Submission, if any, on Fox Sports Net West or other media outlet, as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. The winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If the winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within two (2) days of attempted prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If the winner is considered to be a minor in his or her state of residence, the parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to ratify and sign the Prize Claim Documents. The Contest Entities shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, declines or fails to claim a prize, and/or fails to return any Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the applicable time period, Sponsors may elect to disqualify the Submission and the winner will then forfeit his or her right to receive a prize. If Sponsors so elect, a potential prize winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Sponsors into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. No substitution or cash redemption allowed except by Sponsors, who may substitute any Grand Prize for a Grand Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prizes become unavailable.
11. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE/FORCE MAJEURE: Acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsors to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, without notice, in perpetuity, without further compensation in connection with the Contest and other promotions, as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. Entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that the Contest Entities (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, or stolen Submissions or prize notifications. Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, if it determines, in their sole discretion, that the Contest or any particular Contest drawing is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest or particular Contest drawing as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsors are prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest or a particular Contest drawing as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest in its entirety or the affected Contests. If the Contests or a particular Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsors will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winner, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsors. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
12. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of any legally-required list of winners and/or Official Rules, send your request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to FSN WEST/FSN PRIME TICKET, “Name the Rivalry Contest”, 1100 S. Flower Street, Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA 90015, Attn: Marketing. Requests for prize winner list must be received no later than 12/01/07.