POWER PLAYER AUDITIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
Back to Auditions Page
- Hockey skates (If you do not own skates, The-Rinks Anaheim ICE will provide.)
- Current photo
- Completed application and other documents that you printed from the Ducks website.
What should I wear to the auditions?
- Black yoga/workout pants or shorts
- White or Black athletic bra top
- Athletic shoes
How should I do my hair and makeup?
- We prefer that you wear your hair down and not in a ponytail or up do.
- Makeup should be done in a fashion that highlights your natural features and can be seen on camera.
Do I need to have skating experience to audition?
Skating experience is not required, but is preferred. Skating ability can increase your scheduling opportunities as a Power Player. Every season we hire new candidates who do not have skating experience, and the majority of them eventually become confident skaters. We hope that all candidates will have the drive and desire to learn and get on the ice by the end of the season.
Are there any height or weight requirements?
There are no specific height or weight requirements. However, the uniform is form fitting with an exposed midriff, so having an athletic appearance is a plus.
Can I have any tattoos?
We do not mind if you have tattoos, as long as they are not visible while in any Power Player uniform or in a related working capacity. Keep in mind that our uniforms vary in style, while some of our special events require Power Players to wear cocktail dresses or other themed outfits.
Are the Power Players paid?
Yes, members of the team are paid for their work at games and events on an hourly basis.
Is being a Power Player a full-time job?
No. The majority of our candidates are college students or recent graduates. Your role as a Power Player is typically a second job or a part-time job.