USA Hockey rules will apply except as noted herein.
2. Any major penalty for fighting may result in Automatic Suspension from the tournament. And any gross or match penalty will result in Automatic Suspension from the tournament.
3. All games must begin on time! Please have your team prepared to play at least 15 minutes before your scheduled starting time (players should arrive 30 to 40 minutes before game time). Games will consist of three 13 minute stop time periods. At the beginning of the third period or at any time during the third period there is a 5 goal differential the game will go to running time. However, if the game returns to a 2 goal differential, the last 2 minutes will go to stop time. No time outs will be permitted in Round Robin play. For finals only, one 1 minute time-out will be permitted per team.
4. Equipment: All players participating in Anaheim ICE tournaments must wear protective equipment that meets the USA Hockey requirements. PeeWee and above are required to wear colored mouthguards.
5. Home team is listed first on schedule and will wear white or light jerseys.
6. Locker rooms: Locker rooms will be assigned to teams from the skate counter. Keys will be issued 30 minutes before scheduled game time. Please keep the locker rooms as clean as possible. Teams will be responsible for any damages done to the facility.
7. Credentials required:
a) USA/CAHA team roster copy
b) Team Roster with players name and jersey number
8. Scoring Format:
Points will be awarded as follows:
2 points for win
1 point for tie
0 point for loss
9. Tie Breaker: (If teams are tied for more than one position, ties will be broken one at a time.)
a) Most Wins
b) Head to head play between two tied teams (If three or more teams are tied go to C, but if one of these teams has beaten every team that it is tied with, that team will advance to the next available seed.)
c) Goal differential (GF-GA) (All Games) **Maximum of 8 goals per game differential
d) Most goals scored
e) Least goals against
g) Least penalty minutes
10. Overtime (Quarter finals, Semi-finals and Finals Only):
4 on 4, 5 minute running time period. If still tied, 3 man shootout. Each coach is to select 3 players to shoot, most goals wins. If tied after round of three, it becomes a single player sudden death shootout until a winner is determined. No player may shoot twice until all players have shot once.
11. The rules committee reserves the right to modify a rule herein which is deemed not in the best interest of the tournament or amateur hockey. The decision of the rules committee is final.