In honor of Veterans Day, the Anaheim Ducks are giving fans the opportunity to send in personal letters to currently deployed members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
The Ducks will be collecting letters throughout the entire month of November, which will then be sent around the world with the help of Operation Gratitude, a nonprofit that seeks to lift morale and put smiles on faces by sending care packages addressed to individual soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines deployed in harm’s way, to their children left behind, and to veterans, wounded warriors and first responders.
Operation Gratitude care packages contain food, hygiene products, entertainment items and personal letters of appreciation, all wrapped with good wishes of love and support.
Letters are a quick and easy way to show the members of our military that you care. Here are some helpful tips of how to get started:
• Start your letter with a salutation, such as “Dear Service Member” or “Dear Hero”.
• Express your thanks for their selfless service.
• Avoid politics completely and religion in excess; however, saying you pray for them, is wonderful.
• Share a little about yourself.
• Talk about life back home, including Sports, Weather, Pets, Family, Hobbies, Music, and Movies.
• Adults: If interested, include your contact information (mail or email) so the letter/package recipient may reply. Children: FIRST NAMES ONLY and no addresses please.
• Consider drawing or painting a picture instead. (Please avoid glitter!)
Fans can email a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send a hand-written letter to:
Anaheim Ducks Community Relations
2695 East Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92806