ANAHEIM DUCKS & CALIFORNIA LOTTERY SET FOR LIFE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE ANAHEIM DUCKS & CALIFORNIA LOTTERY SET FOR LIFE SWEEPSTAKES
By entering into the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC (“Sponsor”) which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to these Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. PST on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, March 13, 2011 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
1. Eligibility. To be eligible to win, entries must be received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period and must meet these eligibility requirements. Only one (1) per person/e-mail address regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any person to submit more than one entry will void all of that person's entries and that person will be disqualified. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of California who are 18 years of age and older at the time of entry. Unclaimed prizes shall remain the property of Sponsor. Sponsor, Anaheim Arena Management, LLC, California Lottery, their respective officers, employees, directors, affiliates, retailers, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, dealers, (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) and the immediate families of each are not eligible. If the winner is unable to participate in the event during the dates designated by the Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to deem that prize forfeited in its entirety. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations.
2. How to Enter. To Enter the Sweepstakes by filling out the entry form in its entirety online at www.AnaheimDucks.com/setforlife and following the directions to submit the entry. Entries must meet the eligibility requirements of these Official Rules and must be received by Sponsor by the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the prize described in these Official Rules depend on the number of eligible entries received by the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor is not responsible for late or misdirected entries, or for electronic, network, computer, hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties. Entries must be developed in good taste, and shall not contain content that is obscene or indecent, and shall not include profanity or pornography, drugs, offensive or derogatory statements or other content deemed inappropriate by Sponsor. In the event any entry is deemed inappropriate by Sponsor, that entry will be deemed ineligible.
3. Winner Selection. On or about March 7, 2011 (“Drawing Date”), the winner will be randomly selected from all eligible and complete entries received by Sponsor by the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be randomly selected. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding prize claims or entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
4. Prize. One (1) Anaheim Ducks Prize Pack (“Prize”) consisting of the following will be awarded to the eligible Winner: four (4) admission tickets to a regular season home game of the Anaheim Ducks (“Game”), four (4) passes to the Blue Line Lounge during the Game, an opportunity for one (1) person (over 7 years of age) to ride the Zamboni during the Game, an opportunity for four (4) people to watch the Anaheim Ducks warm up in the visiting team penalty box before the Game and an opportunity for a “meet and greet” with an Anaheim Ducks broadcaster and one photograph opportunity with the broadcaster. (Game date, specific participation times and specific broadcaster to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion). (Approximate retail value of Prize: $600).
5. Winner Notification. All potential winners will be notified by Sponsor by telephone or email using the telephone number or email address provided at time of entry. Sponsor will make three (3) attempts to contact the winner by the method described above within one (1) business day after their name is drawn. If Sponsor is unable to reach the winner by the method described above within such time, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner’s entry will be drawn from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason.
6. Limitation of Liability; No Warranties and Release. By entering into this Sweepstakes, you accept and agree that (a) Sponsor, Sponsor Entities and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents do not have and will not have any liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity; or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, expressed or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.); (c) Sponsor and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents will have no liability whatsoever for entries that are late, incomplete or not received for any reason; and (d) except where legally prohibited, winners grant (and agree to confirm the grant in writing) permission for Sponsor, its companies, advertising and promotion agencies and those acting under their authority to use his/her name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising, trade and/or publicity purposes without additional compensation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you expressly waive and relinquish all rights and benefits afforded by California Civil Code Section 1542 and do so understanding and acknowledging the significance of this specific waiver of Section 1542. Section 1542 states as follows:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
7. Cancellation of Events. Sponsor is not responsible for any postponement or cancellation, for any reason, of any event, exhibit or attraction forming part of the prize(s).
8. Cash Value and Taxes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all expenses, and applicable federal, state and local taxes. If applicable, all winners should expect to receive a tax form 1099 for the value of the prize as provided by current tax laws. Unless otherwise specified herein, no prize can be redeemed for cash or replaced if lost or stolen. Sponsor Entities reserve the right to replace and/or substitute a like prize of equal value, should the specified prize, or any portion thereof be unavailable, for any reason.
9. Amendment of Rules and Termination of Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules, or terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, at its sole discretion. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select a winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
10. Claiming the Prize. Sponsor may require the winner to claim their prize in person at Sponsor’s business office at the address noted below or any other addressed as designated by Sponsor. Any costs or expenses associated with claiming the prize at the above-described location are the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Winner will be required to execute Sponsor’s “Consent, Indemnification, Waiver and Release Agreement” and/or an Affidavit of Eligibility and to provide legal and valid photo identification. In some cases, as a convenience to the winner, Sponsor Entities may elect to mail the prize, the Liability/Publicity Release and the Affidavit of Eligibility, if applicable, to the address provided to the Sponsor by the winner. Sponsor Entities shall have no liability for non-delivery, and are not responsible for any mishandling by the U.S. Mail or any other delivery service of any of the prizes.
11. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or where restricted beyond the restrictions set forth in these Official Rules, by law. Sponsor does not warrant that the Sweepstakes is valid in any particular state or jurisdiction. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations shall apply.
12. Winners List. Sponsor will maintain all records relating to the Sweepstakes as required by law. For a list of winners, send a self addressed, stamped envelope with your written request to the address below to the attention of Anaheim Ducks Marketing Department within six (6) weeks after the Drawing Date.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. ALL ISSUES CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND/OR ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS, SPONSOR(S) AND/OR SPONSOR ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING ANY EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES GIVES EACH ENTRANT’S CONSENT TO THE SOLE JURISDICTION OF THE SUPERIOR COURTS OF ORANGE COUNTY, STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
14. Sponsor. Anaheim Ducks Hockey Club, LLC, 2695 E. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806.